- My husband and I knew we were right for each other when we watched a horribly politically incorrect SNL satire in college and laughed hysterically while everyone else in the room sat in appalled and shocked silence.
- I have two children, Maddox and Jessica, and they are smart, kind, and funny. They are as weird as their mother, and intuitively understand math and music like their father, respectively. They were also born after the year 2000, so technically I was born in another century, which I’m sure I’ll hear about later.
- There are 2640 books in my library on this twelfth day of October in the year of our Lord, two thousand and seventeen. I am going to read them all. And then reread some of them. All recommendations are welcome.
- I’m a freelance WordPress web developer. I like my clients and working through the logic problems, as well as the flexible schedule and coding on the couch while the dog snoozes next to me and hogs the pillows.
- Before I die, I want to become a ninja, speak another language fluently, and dance ON the beat for a whole song. And of course, take over the world.
Edit October 2017: Updated the books date & count from 2418 to 2640, plus on #5:
- I’ve just begun an aikido class and love it as much as I did in college. There is something about how it feels right in a lot of ways, even as I fumble about ridiculously but enthusiastically – sort of like how I come down the stairs all at once like a herd of cheerful elephants.
- My semi-sister-in-law and I have also been fortunate enough to meet a lovely woman who is teaching us Spanish until December. Recuerdo algo de Español, pero tengo mucho que apprender.
- As to world takeover, I’ve started to nurture a very teeny sprout of curiosity about applying my project management skills beneficially. I’m not sure where that will go, but I like that it’s growing.
- And dancing, well, that’s still a lost cause, which is okay since Jon (who actually can dance) and the kids and I don’t let it stop us having Katy Perry / Taylor Swift / Trolls soundtrack dance parties.